Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Northeastern Curls







































Loved meeting Angela on the Northeastern campus while walking around with my friend Molly who just started there as a grad student a few days ago. 

Angela's curls are super funky. She shampoos once a month to keep her hair from getting dry and uses a leave in conditioner called cream of nature but she warns that it's sort of tricky to find. I checked out the website for cream of nature and it looks like they also have Moroccan Oil which I've been hearing all sorts of good things about. Angela also shared that she uses protective measures for her curls by putting it in braids at night- good advice. 

When I asked if she had any horror stories she explained that "just growing up with it, I would break combs and brushes."

She followed that up with, 

"Been curly ever since I was born- came out with a fro. It's just been this way!"

Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment